- President of Korean Glaucoma Society
- Professor of Ophthalmology
- Fellowship – Glaucoma, Jules Stein Eye Institute – UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90024, U.S.A.
- Fellowship – Ocular trauma & Clinical Trials, Louisiana State University Eye Center New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A.
- Residency – The University of Michigan M. D., Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Achievement award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Achievement award, Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology
- Leading Health Professionals of the World 2005-2014, International Biographical Centre, England,
- Who is who in the World 2005-2013.
- International distinguished scholar 2002 – 2014 , ICB – Cambridge, England
Editorial Board Membership:
- Korean Journal of Ophthalmology: 2003- present
- Asian Journal of Ophthalmology: 2005-present
Prof. Kook has published more than 150 articles and delivered more than 150 international lectures on various topics which include, “Risk factors for Normal-Tension Glaucoma and its clinical management” and “Ocular Perfusion Pressure and Pulse Amplitude-Relevance to Central Visual Function”. He is also a reviewer of various scientific journals such as American journal of Ophthalmology, Archives of Ophthalmology & British Journal of Ophthalmology.
Soccer, Tennis & Tae Kwon Do are of special interests to Prof. Kook.